Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Signs of Summer

A few reasons why I know summer's on the horizon...

These striking flowers, which Ryan and I ogled over at the Museum of Life and Science's AfterHours event, NanoNights and MicroPints. After a little research, these head-turners are called alliums, which are actually in the onion family (really?). Apparently they're easy to grow and maintain, and they come in a wide variety of colors such as yellow, white, and pink. Guess I know what to look for when I get some garden space!
Mojitos. I had the sudden urge to head to the ABC store after work last Friday and pick up a little white rum. This was followed by a trip to the Teet for some mint leaves, club soda, and limes. Summer = mojitos.
Double rainbow! (Need I say more?!) I snapped this after my morning run the other day. Not only was it a double, but it fully arched across the sky. I pulled Ryan out of bed so he could trudge downstairs in his pajamas to see this glorious nature sighting. (He was less than enthused.)

No comments:

Post a Comment