Two of my best friends, Lauren and Mariel, are flying in to visit me this weekend (!!). Both dear friends that I met while interning at
Coastal Living magazine in Birmingham, Alabama, Mariel still resides there, while Lauren is living it up in Nashville. My two years in Birmingham hold some of the best days of my life, and the city will always hold a special place in my heart. I can't wait to have some quality time in my home state with these two people who were so deeply a part of those memories.
 |
| Mariel, Lauren, and I at the Yazoo Brewery in Nashville. 2010. |
Speaking of Birmingham, here are a few of my favorite "landmarks" that always make me sigh and think fondly back to my newly post-graduate days. What a wonderful life decision it was to go there.
 |
| Five Points South (the site of countless breakfasts and dinners). |
 |
| Rojo: My favorite restaurant in town, located in Highland Park. |
 |
| The Blackstone, my old apartment building. Conveniently walkable to Rojo! |
 |
| And here's us, all of six years ago. Playing football in the park. :) |
:) I've gone (back to) Carolina in my mind! You've captured the best of Birmingham right here for sure!
ReplyDelete