
I know I've been severely lacking in the whole "keeping my blog up-to-date" thing. So here's a photo from the Tobacco Road Marathon that I completed back in March (lucky #3!). And yes, I survived, short training schedule and all. Every weekend I increased my mileage: 7, 10, 14, 19, 26.2 (race day). Probably not the best for your body, but hey, it worked. And most surprisingly, I got my personal best of 3:52:12 (8:52/mile pace). The course was flat and mostly shaded, which sounds like a runner's dream, but to be honest, I kind of missed the hills. They keep things interesting! Either way, it was fabulous to have both sides of my family there (my parents and Ryan's parents). The course was ideal for spectators, so I had a cheering section throughout the entire race. Ryan's dad even made a video documenting my entire journey (very epically, may I add). Enjoy. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment